21 Benefits Of Meditation
New research shows that meditation boosts your health, happiness, and success.
Here are 21 scientific facts about meditation, and why you should do it.
1. Increases immune function
2. Decreases pain
3. Decreases inflammation at the cellular level
4. Decreases blood pressure
5. Increases positive emotion
6. Decreases depression
7. Decreases anxiety
8. Decreases stress
9. Increases social connection and emotional intelligence
10. Makes you more compassionate
11. Makes you feel less lonely
12. Improves your ability to regulate your emotions
13. Improves your ability to introspect
14. Increases grey matter
15. Increases volume in areas related to emotion regulation, positive emotions, and self-control
16. Increases cortical thickness in areas related to paying attention
17. Increases your focus and attention
18. Improves your ability to multitask
19. Improves your memory
20. Improves your ability to be creative and think outside the box
21. It gives you perspective.
By observing your mind, you realize you don’t have to be a slave to it. You realize it throws tantrums, gets grumpy, jealous, happy, and sad, but that it doesn’t have to run you. Meditation is quite simply mental hygiene: Clear out the junk, tune your talents, and get in touch with yourself.